Re: [MV] Fw: Basic M35 info

From: Everette (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 05:29:25 PDT

I am not expert enough to really disagree with this regarding silicone
fluid - however; I have been told by people who use it that it does not
really give much protection against water -- because of natrual action of
moisture in air water will get inside brake system, where it mixes with
older brake fluids it does not mix with silicone but rather is retained as
drops of water inside brake fluid - seems to me that if this is case under
sustained heavy braking the water could get hot enough to boil???? Also
what is to keep the drops of water from adhering to walls of cylinders and
there causing them to rust??

Please this is not flame or an attempt to start argument - an honest seach
for anwers.

Everette