Re: [MV] 5 ton winch

From: Dave Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 16:07:36 PDT

Nope. 5/8" and 200 feet of it. I had 200 feet of it running up and down my driveway as I untangled it.

That's a lot of cable, especially when you buy it in a tangled heap. I actually put that mess into the trunk of my 2000 Taurus Sedan.
(Used winch take off from a scrap yard - hey, you can't beat 20 cents per pound for clean cable!)

I think the 2 1/2 tonners use 1/2 cable. I believe the 2 1/2 ton winches are rated at 10K lb and I know that the 5 ton winches are rated at 20K lbs.

Dave