Emergency Brake Handle

From: Paul A. Thomas (pt@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Sat Jul 13 2002 - 10:21:19 PDT

The emergency brake handle on my '53 REO is seized up. I have removed it
and will take it apart, remove layers of paint and rust and pop back
in. The pivot pin has me a little puzzle tho: It is much larger than any
rivet I've ever seen ( not that I've seen that many <g> ) Is/Should it be
a rivet of some sort? Would a rivet hold up against the pressure exerted
on the pivot area? There are 3 or 4 photo's of the handle at

http://www.paulathomas.com/PicList.html

under the names starting with 'Emergency Brake'..

Thanks

      Paul
      MVPA 24986