Body Panel questions on Deuce

From: Paul A. Thomas (pt@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Sat Jul 13 2002 - 10:26:43 PDT

Hi List!

I don't recall the 2.5 tons I worked on in the last 70's having the skirt
shown in the photo named

Cab from right side
at
http://www.paulathomas.com/PicList.html

The rear portion of this skirt might have been present, however the front
portion makes it hard to enter and exit the cab area. It also looks like
it was welded on later. Could anyone tell me if this was 'standard' for
early 50's Deuce's?

At the same site the photo called

Cross member under shaft..... at the bottom of the page at the link
above. It shows that someone cut 8 or so inches from that cross
member. Why I can not see as nothing seems to need that room to
operate. The other cross members all seem fine, and this truck will never
see a 'tank trail' so I don't belive I have to worry about structural
integrity.. but I was wondering why someone might cut it so?

Thanks for any thoughts you might have.

          Paul
          MVPA 24986