Re: [MV] Correct paint 52 M-37

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 06:01:22 PDT

Daryl,
When I restored my 1952 M135, I went with the early M-series color offered by
Army Jeep Parts. It's a Gillespie Coatings paint and AJP lists it as a WWII
semi-
gloss, late 1944 thru 1957. There's a cap on the dash of the M135 that gets
removed for fording. Upon removing this cap, I found the original, unfaded,
color
and it is an perfect match to the WWII semi-gloss. The paint applied by the
military over the original color on my 1952 M37 appears to be 24087
semi-gloss.
Under this is the original color that matches what I put on my M135. If you
want
to represent the Vietnam era, then go with the 24087.
www.armyjeepparts.com
Joe Young
www.joeyoung.com