Lock out hubs and the front end in general

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 14:29:43 PDT

I was looking around on Joe Young's web site a few minuets ago and I have a
question or two about the front end on my M35. My manuals on CD are a chore
to use so if any one out there can give me a brief explanation on how the
front hubs on my truck work I would be grateful. Do they work like the ones
on my old 73 dodge. Where do the hubs get their lubrication from. On Joe's
site he shows a hub removed ready for the lock out to be installed. Does
the shaft in the middle turn separate from the wheel.
Some one recently said he drilled out two spare hubs for on road use. Does
that mean all you really have to do is keep the hub covered for the wheel
and axle to turn separately with out the splines to connect the two.
Well thanks in advance for any info everyone.

Joe Trapp.