Vermont Rally ! Good take

From: Henry J. Fackovec (hfackovec@easternems.com)
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 18:01:29 PDT

Hey all:

Just a quick note about the GMMVC Rally this weekend:

It was Fantastic!!!! It was laid back, fun, friendly, and had a good mix
of MVs. (Ranging from a very nice M170 fully stocked, to an Abbot Tank.
( Unlike many other rallys, there was room to give people rides in the
vehicles.

Ron and I were planning on driving two of our deuces up, but when we
charted it out, we found that to make the 170 miles, we needed to leave
last Wednesday. We went up POV on Saturday morning and ravaged the flea
market, bought up all the goodies, thus denying them to Charlie Adams
(Who would just resell them to people on eBay and make money off the
back of the working man).

Our own Kerry Bernstein was quite the gracious host, introducing us to
other club members. ( I have been a member for about a year, but have
not made other events). After demonstrating to Ronzo how much fun the
club is ( And reassuring him that the sheep and rubber boots were for a
agricultural conference next week), he joined up too!

One of the members (Did not catch the name) strung up a field phone
system for the public to use, very interesting, and educational.

Apparently the evenings activities were loads fo fun with a bonfire and
etc...

Next year we will be coming for the whole weekend, rather than poping in
for the day.

Hope to see you all at Weare! I will have the carc M109 comm truck right
at the entrance.

Hank