[MV] winch info needed

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 11:04:16 PDT

List,
Can any of you help this guy?
Thanks,
Joe Young

Subj: Duece parts
Date: 7/15/02 12:11:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From: caleonard@prodigy.net (Leonard Jones)
To: MVTrucker@aol.com

Hello Joe,
Thanks for helping me on the power steering stuff, I appreciate it.
I've got another question. I picked up a 10K aluminum bodied GarWood winch
and I've got problems with it. First, while most of it looks new inside, The
thing was locked up due to the small drum brake on the forward end of the
worm shaft being full of rust. So much so that the brake band was welded to
the drum. Once I got it freed up, I noticed that the in/out clutch lever
wasn't lining up with the detent holes and I think the shift fork might be on
backward, if that's possible. What's the trick to getting the shaft out of
there as there is no way to drift it out 'cause the shaft bore doesn't go all
the way through? Do you have a break down or an exploded view so I can make
sure I understand what's going on in there. I'm out $250 right now for the
world's heaviest door stop and would like to get it working right. If I do,
then I'll also be looking for a mounting kit. If you have them for sale, how
much?
Thanks, Leonard
caleonard@prodigy.net