Re: [MV] M38A1 Fuel Pump rebuild kit ???

From: Jeff & Teresa Galley (ubique@comteck.com)
Date: Sun Jul 21 2002 - 17:53:12 PDT

Tom,

Sorry I don't have any pictures. Where the drive shaft enters the rear end
just past the U-joint and in front of the rear seal there is a small, round,
stamped piece of steel. This covers the opening to protect dirt and debris,
I assume, from getting the the rear seal and into the rear end. It rotates
with the drive shaft and between 25 - 30 mph begins to rattle like nothing
else. I don't think it is largely identifiable in the tech manuals, one of
those incidental parts with a number and arrow pointing to it.

Jeff