Re: [MV] Date of early MB Motor Block help needed.

From: Jeff Polidoro (willys@vgernet.net)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 19:56:27 PDT

The 10-20 means it was cast October 20, 1941 and was probably assembled a
few days later. If you look on the oil pan rail (under the gasket) you
should find an assembly date, mm-dd-yy, or something like 10-25-41. It
probably also went into a jeep with a similar VIN (in the beginning the skew
between engine and chassis numbers was not only small, it was even backwards
at times) and delivered around the middle of December 1941. VIN # 104407
and 105557 were delivered 12-18 and 12-19, respectively. I have 101578 and
it was delivered 12-23.

JP