Re:Re: [MV] 14 year old 3 year battery

From: jalberhasky@juno.com
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 10:59:58 PDT

Vibration is one of the big battery killers on the Harleys, not to forget that most sit idle for the winter months and sulfate up. I too remember replacing the battery at least every other year for 25 yrs on my 75 XLH.$$$$$ My 2000 FXDL Battery is on its 3 rd year now and still works great (My luck it will probably die on me at Surgis in a few weeks) but this newer bike does not vibrate like the older one. BTW, I just replaced a the 2nd 6TL in my '85 duece 2 months ago. The other crapped out only 2 weeks before that. They were both dated 6/89. I have never seen a car/trk battery last that long. Jeff