Re: [MV] 14 year old 3 year battery

From: Stephen L Dussetschleger (dussetschleger@juno.com)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 12:52:32 PDT

Vibration is one of the big battery killers on the Harleys, not to forget
that most sit idle for the winter months and sulfate up. I too remember
replacing the battery at least every other year for 25 yrs on my 75
XLH.$$$$$ My 2000 FXDL Battery is on its 3 rd year now and still works
great (My luck it will probably die on me at Surgis in a few weeks) but
this newer bike does not vibrate like the older one.

***** Hm. Vibration causing your Harly's battery to expire sooner than
warrenteed. Hmm.
  Hey, how about putting springs on your traielr, it'll give the H-D a
smoother ride when you take it long distances !!!!!!!!!

AAhhhhhh !!!!!! Just kidding you guys !!!! Its a joke !!
  On the sierious side, I had 2 uncles who worked for A large battery
manufacturer. They both adivsed me that a battery that lasted 3 years
was the norm.

  Steve