CUCV Tranny removal procedures?

From: rock1@mindspring.com
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 17:16:05 PDT

I have 2 M-1009 CUCV Blazers and 1 M-1008A1 CUCV Pickup, all three with
bent drive shafts and one broken transmission case from forklifts at DRMO
or GL. I need to swap the tranny from one to another.

I have electronic copies of both TM 9-2320-289-20 and TM 9-2320-289-34 (the
-10 is classified, imagine that). I may just be missing it, but I can't
find the procedure for removing the transmission and transfer case. If it
is there can anyone give me the page number. If it's not, does anyone have
the procedures from any source that you could E-mail to me off list or post
on-list. I looked in a Chilton at Pep Boys and there was only half a
paragraph on pulling the tranny and transfer in a Chevy K-30 4X4, no help
at all.

I know that I can do it without the full procedures. I just don't want to
miss anything and fletch something else up. With all of the OD stuff I
need to fix, I can't afford to break anything else.

Sgt. Rock's Motor Pool

3 M-35A2s Duce and a halfs
2 Hoisting units (the poor man's Duce wrecker)
2 M-1009 CUCV Blazers
1 M-1008A1 CUCV Pickup Truck
1 Willys DJ-3A
1 Willys CJ-2A Basket case
1 Willys M-38 flat fender body of unknown year.
3 M-1022 Dolly Sets /shelter mobilizers
1 M-820 Dolly Set /shelter mobilizer
2 8' connexs
1 S-530 A/G Electronec Equipment Shelter
Other OD and Tan stuff