Re: [MV] No More BDU's....!

From: J. Lee (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sat Jul 27 2002 - 08:32:06 PDT

"From: <CVRFOX@aol.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 27, 2002 12:01 AM
Subject: [MV] No More BDU's....!

The government has placed as perminent freeze on releasing all military
textiles: . . . "

In all fairness to the government, you must remember that demilling takes
place only on inherently unsafe objects to further safeguard it's citizens.
This demilling is undertaken with "extreme prejudice" by our all knowing and
all wise government for our own good. Never forget that.

So, looking at this from the government perspective, as if one of us common
citizens ever could, let's attempt to see the wisdom here of demilling
textiles. Try to understand that perhaps those shelter halves, alice gear
and BDU caps and such in our unskilled hands must really pose an extreme
danger and a direct threat to our general public welfare. Afterall,
government always acts in our best interests, right? Left to our own
(incompetent) devices and given too many freedoms what would become of us?
This would become a disorderly and unsafe society for sure, not the model of
peace and tranquility we have all have come to know and love. This is
precisely why government must now focus on such "potential" problem areas
like pup tents and web belts. It's for our own protection, God bless em!

Not that I would ever be critical of my fatherly government, but, looking at
this new policy, I can't help but wonder how they let those dangerous M35s
slip by and continue to go to auction. I'm sure government will save us
from that threat soon enough. Their mission is clear and being the
diligent, unrelenting force they are, I'm trusting they won't stop until
we're 100% safe from ourselves.

Last thought. Freedom is such a dangerous thing, it's a wonder we've
survived these past 226 years! "Ours is not to reason why, our is but to
agree and to comply."

Turn in your BDU's and pup tents now please, before they have to get tough
with you, ok?

Jack Lee
People's Republik of Kaliforni

PS Did you know Russia now has a low flat tax now? That ownership of
Russian armor, BDU's and a host of other imported vehicles is not
prohibited? That Russia's government is so limited as to not be able to
enforce onerous laws upon it's people? Funny how things work out.