Re: [MV] M-1009 problem

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 02:43:39 PDT

I see a '54 M105A2, but I don't see a deuce in your vehicle list.
Been towing the trailer with the M1009? The trans oil smells
burnt because if you do tow the big and heavy '05, you've been
overheating the transmission, probably the rest of the drivetrain
too. A serious noise and vibration in my M1008 turned out to be
a blown fan clutch. While trying to track down the problem, I
also coasted and the noise and vibration would go away. Seemed
to be worse while accelerating. Try Parramore for a trans.
  http://www.parramore.com/cucv.html
It's early here in NJ. I'm only on my second cup of coffee, so if
there's other sources for a trans, I apologize for not mentioning
the name(s) of other suppliers. My brain is not fully functioning,
yet...
Joe Young
www.joeyoung.com