Re: [MV] No More BDU's....!

From: Ryan M Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 15:18:56 PDT

At 6:01 PM -0400 7/30/02, Steve Grammont wrote:

>The question is... will this new policy last? Many things that the
>government does which are ill advised do not get reversed. However,
>sometimes once the general public figures out that they are affected some
>back peddling will happen.

If more people bitch about it, then likely it will. The big flag to
raise is the damage that it will do to the camping and surplus
clothing market. The long term effects are that historians of
tomorrow will be hampered by the decision. We still have time to get
the Demilitarization of Vehicles turned around without much of a gap.

Officially the army likes living historians. Otherwise they wouldn't
roll out the red carpet at events and even still allow real firearms
on posts for events like the one earlier this month here in Georgia
at I think McPherson.

>There is a LOT of that going on right now as Bush rams through a lot of
>highly restrictive policies under the guise of a losely defined,
>perpetual state of war. In some cases his policies are in violation of
>the Constitution or at least go against ever fiber of what this country
>is about. I cut the guy a lot of slack after 9/11, but there is an
>agenda behind the continued actions that every citizen of this world
>(especially Americans) should be very critical of. Funny enough, the
>people on this list who would fire off angry emails every time "Klinton"

I've recently put more of my money where my mouth is by joining and
donating money to the SAF and the ACLU as well as the EFF. The NRA
already had my money in bits....I am watching this guy closely. His
father already did enough damage to the 2nd amendment.

--
--
- Ryan Montieth Gill                         '01 Honda Insight -