Re: [MV] 1943 Vultee BT13B VU

From: Carol Kenyon (Da-Kenyons@webtv.net)
Date: Sat Aug 03 2002 - 09:02:57 PDT

I happen to know one very smart and experienced old airplane mechanic.
He has restored one Stearman Biplane and has two others in the works.
It's always easy to pick out
his plane at an airshow: there's no oil leak!
  He collects this stuff as trading material for
Stearman and Stinson parts. I'll ask.
Vultee BT 13....
  Also, I happen to live near one of those historic AAF bases--Sequoia
Field in Tulare Co,
CA. About three years ago they had a reunion and there were some BT13s
there at that time
(along with very fancy Ryans). My dad still has
the program.
  While we're on the subject, my father learned
to fly in the AAF in a BT13...
  Good Luck, Don Kenyon