Identifying vehicle

From: Paul A. Thomas (pt@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Sat Aug 03 2002 - 14:17:15 PDT

I recently started working on an old deuce. While doing so something was
tickling the back of my mind about the '53 Chevy 3/4 ton I have. I took a
look today and re-discovered a property tag inside the drivers door jam,
riveted on. It reads

US AEC
21199

The truck has at least one bright orange coat of paint under all the layers
currently on it.
I thought it might have been Air Force, because they often used odd
vehicles/civilian looking trucks ( IMSHO ) but after reading the tag again
I was wondering if it might have been owned by the Atomic energy
Commission? Then did a search and found the Army Environmental Center :

http://aec.army.mil/usaec/index.html

I couldn't find info on when the Army group was formed, but wonder if it
could possibly have been in existence back in the early 50's?

Has anybody run across this type of name tag before?

Thank you

           Paul
           MVPA# 24986

Additional Info: The truck has the corner windows ( called the 'Cheyenne'
model by some ), straight 6 engine, nothing special really to show it was
used in military service in any way.