Re: [MV] 1943 Vultee BT13B VU

From: Walter Houghton (FlyN3Nvt@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Aug 04 2002 - 08:25:16 PDT

Great to hear that your gonna fly it!! I knew the tails were wood cause my
uncle had a few but I dont remember the outer wing panels having a wood
version? I do know that the control surfaces were also wood. My uncle's BT
has everything aluminum. The BT is one hell of an airplane to fly, but
just watch for the cross control stall. When you restore the center
section, remember its a wet section. I dont think I have ever seen a BT
that did not seep fuel now and again from the inspection holes. Probably
the biggest thing to look for would be a tail and the cowling, I remember
my uncle hunting for good cowling for a long time. Well off to go work
on the N3N.

Jeff