Re: [MV] CUCV tranny crossmember spacers, WTFs the difference!

From: J. D. Bowen (oreuc@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Aug 04 2002 - 09:11:26 PDT

>Does anyone know, for certain, what the transmission
>cross member mounting bolt spacer position is on the
>M-1009 Blazer and the M-1008A1 Pickup.

I too have pondered this point (and also have been
through several M1008's with spacers below the
crossmember). The -20P, Section II, figure 111
clearly shows the spacers above the crossmember, hence
between the crossmember and the frame.

Logic would seem to say what's the point of having
spacers if they don't 'space' something. If they
weren't there for that purpose a shorter bolt would
have sufficed. Having worked in the auto industry for
nearly 30 years I feel certain GM wouldn't have spent
one penny more for spacers if they weren't required.

I would presume the spacer was installed to achieve a
desired driveline install angle.

J. D.

M1008
M101