Re: [MV] Pinzgauer SWISS Military on E-bay

From: J. Lee (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 07:57:14 PDT

The problem with owning a Pinz is not so much the price, the real problem in
ownership is the constant worry about what might break and how much it will
cost to replace it. Least it is for most of us on a modest budget.

I think this must be a consideration for any exotic vehicle. Before I get
flamed by the Pinz lovers, which there are many and for good reasons, all I
am saying is anything can break, (Murphy's law) even something on the
extremely tough Pinz and it does cause a certain amount of day to day
anxiety, knowing the expensive consequences of a breakdown. I enjoy
eurpoean designed military vehicles, but I didn't want that kind of stress,
so I opted for the Volvo Valp and why I finally sold my Ferret Mark 2/3.
The small repairs I have done on the Valp have been about as easy as working
on your basic M38 jeep. Compared to some of these ultra sophisticated mil
vehs, the Valp is a pure pleasure to tinker on and it's designed with all
the common sense you could ever want in an off road vehicle.

Next, I few days back I asked a Marine Radio Telephone and I just wanted to
say thanks to everyone that responded with information. I've charged it and
it works great. I was happy to discover that Channel 1 is the weather
channel. Coast Guard is on 15 and there are some for ship to ship, ship to
shore, etc. The radio near new, a handheld type and has about 5 watts of
transmit power, with a high and low range setting. My next project is to
figure out the radio frequencies and see if anything on it is on the RT524.
Now that would be great! Any suggestion how to determine frequencies?
Thanks.

Jack (sunny California) Lee