RE: [MV] other than 20th century MVs

From: WF2U (wf2u@starband.net)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 13:19:10 PDT

In Civil War (or War Between the States - take your pick...) reenactments
we use horse drawn artillery and also ambulances and the Signal
Corps/Engineers use horse drawn wagons for their equipment. Of course, the
equivalent of the deuce is the heavy wagon. These are reproductions of the
original wagons - it'd be too expensive to play with irreplaceable museum
pieces...
The ultimate pre-20th century MV is the well-trained cavalry horse. When
we're talking about a horse, since these MV's reproduce themselves, you can
get a genuine item which is new but is just like its predecessors - no
modifications, no parts from the wrong manufacturer, etc. All you have to
add is the training and the accessories - i.e. tack....

My 2 cents worth....

Meir Bendror + 3 19th century MV's of the equine persuasion: Cappy, Tuffy
and Rikki
Landrum, SC