Re: [MV] generator reccomendation question

From: Dave Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 11:17:03 PDT

I guess that is one of the beauties of a brushless generator. The diodes are embedded in the rotor and not coupled directly to the generator windings.

I've got a 10 KW generator head that is almost new (about 2 years old ) and was pretty cheap, about $550. I drive that off a Hercules 6 cylinder combine
engine for power backup for my house. (John Deere origin) The engine loafs at about 2000 rpm and is rated at 55 hp so it doesn't even grunt when fully
loaded.

Dave