Transport advice

From: J. Lee (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sun Aug 11 2002 - 11:12:36 PDT

Recently one of our customers ordered a full set of truck manuals from us
for his newly purchased 2.5 ton truck. Unfortunately, he left to pick up
his truck (1000 miles away) before his manuals arrived and that got me to
thinking buying and transporting surplus trucks.

This is really for our new-to-the-hobby folks:

When you buy one of these older military trucks at auction you just don't
know what you have till you get it home, no matter how good they look and
seem to run. So, if you plan on driving it home, be prepared! That help
has to include some basic manuals to help you get acquainted with your
vehicle.... for safety reasons if nothing else. The main point here is
about safety and secondly protecting your investment. Reading through the
manuals can help you minimize your risk!

Bottom line..... It could save you a lot of money, time and possibly even
your life. Know your vehicle before your buy!

Jack