Re: [MV] Quick release pins for HMMWV machine gunner's platform

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Sun Aug 11 2002 - 11:13:00 PDT

Hi Ned...

>Anyone know where I can get the 2 quick release pins for the HMMWV machine
>gunner's platform. It is a pin with a T-handle with a button in the middle.
>When you push the button a ball at the end of the pin is release so you can
>pull the pin out. The button is usually blue in color. I think the
>diameter of the pin is around 5/16". I bought a platform from someone off
>the list and they never supplied the pins.

These are not the actual pins, but they might be of some use to you or
others on this list (these pins are great for all kinds of stuff):

http://www.aaaim.com/cgi-local/shop991/shop.pl/SID=241843441491/page=MISC.htm#PP2050

(Scroll about 4/5 of the way down the page to see all the lock pins.)

I don't see one in 5/16, but maybe there's one that will work.

Good luck.

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter (378 CID) Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 CID Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net