Re: [MV] M35 Tug-Of-War...

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Mon Aug 12 2002 - 00:09:01 PDT

Hi Jack...

>I didn't see anyone express concern over this idea, so I guess I'll take a turn. I think it's a very bad idea, when thought through. In a public venue, at this particular time, all we need is one tragedy connected to the OD, and someone in DC will pull the plug for all time. I say take it to the woods in a private place, if you really need to do this. I shudder just thinking what the hysterical news media could do with a thing like this. Sorry to rain on your picnic.

No rain and no worries!

What is your concern exactly...I wish you would tell me so I can take
precautions to avoid problems or dangers.

Just so you know, we WILL indeed be doing this at a private place...no
public will be there...only people who paid to participate in the
re-enactment.

If you're concerned about a cable or chain snapping and taking off
spectators' heads, I am concerned with that too...we will not use any
metal chain or cable. Spectators will be kept away by more than the
length of the entire nylon tow strap (we'll keep it short anyway).

I appreciate your safety concerns and agree with them 100%!

I'll be sure to post pix.

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter (378 CID) Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 CID Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net