Re: [MV] M35 Tug-Of-War...

From: Dave Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Mon Aug 12 2002 - 21:57:59 PDT

I think that 40,000 lb tow straps are pretty readily available at farm stores. They even have 60,000 lb straps. I don't think you will be breaking those.

If you got a 1.0 coefficient of friction with you duece and it weighs 13,000 lbs, then you would only be able to generate 13,000 lbs of force. If you jerk it you
could easily go 2 x or 26,000 lbs. I'd go with a 60,000 lb strap just to be safe.

Dave