Polywrap Band for CUCV Air Cleaner

From: Bruce Beattie (bruce@eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 12 2002 - 22:12:51 PDT

Rooky question of the week:

    I went to replace the air filter on my M1008 and noticed this nice
foam rubber band around the existing filter. I dusted it off and put it
on the new filter before reassembly.

    I was curious why the foam wrapper didn't come with the filter that
I bought from NAPA.
I looked in the TM 9-2320-289-20 and it calls out a Polywrap Band. which
I am assuming are one in the same as the foam rubber band I found. When
I looked in the TM 9-2320-289-20P it calls out both the filter and
wrapper as one unit. I also found a reference to cleaning procedures for
this guy, but it pointed to the TM 9-2320-289-10 manual which didn't
have a reference to cleaning it.

    Ok, so what do I clean this puppy with, or what do I order to
replace it with. It seems like a good thing, and I want this truck to
outlive me by a long time.

Thanks for your patience,

Bruce MVPA 23824
M1008 CUCV 1987