Re: [MV] Polywrap Band for CUCV Air Cleaner

From: Ed Kirkley (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 06:27:27 PDT

Hi Bruce & List,

I went with a K&N cleanable filter for my M-1009. Every 50,000 miles you
just wash it, re-oil it with the kit and you're good to go another 50,000.
You need, of course, to check it more often if you are in a really dusty
area. I've used these filters for years in all of my vehicles and have had
no problems at all with them.

Also for your batteries I recommend the Solargizer units. The military ones
will do 24 VDC, 12 VDC & 6 VDC. They not only "trickle charge" the battery
but also "pulse" to knock the nasty crap off of your plates that makes your
battery go dead in the first place. Again I use these on all of my vehicles
and have for years. These are very handy to have. Someone on this list
sells them, (sorry, forgot who).

Best Regards,

Ed Kirkley KG4OUJ
MVPA 18977