Re: [MV] Deuce zirk grease fittings

From: Steve & Jeanne Keith (cckw@attbi.com)
Date: Thu Aug 15 2002 - 04:32:25 PDT

There are two problems with air powered gund:

It is hard to tell when you are out of grease unless you are watching
the grease coume out of the u-joints etc

If you use a 5 hp or more 2-stage compressor (175 psi), the grease hose
may blow up in your hand as did mine. Let me tell you that HURT!

I have two guns that are manual, one is the typical lever one and the other
has a squeeze handle so you the canister is at a right angle and it has a
flex hose.
I also have a drum pressure grease gun. Not sure what I will do when it runs
out
of grease. It is $175 for a new barrel

BTW: When I grease my cckw, I take two floor jacks and jack up one side on
each rear axle and leave the tranny and xfer in neutral. That way I can
rotate the
drive shafts while under the truck to get at all the joints at one laying
down

Steve AKA Dr Deuce