Re: [MV] M100 axle question

From: Santoken (santoken@bright.net)
Date: Thu Aug 15 2002 - 17:37:59 PDT

Sayak wrote:

> My dad's M100CDN trailer has a bent spindle on the axle. The service manual
> shows the entire axle as one replaceable assembly, but the spindle stub
> looks either pressed in or welded and machined on the axle tube. Is there
> any way to repair/replace the spindle, or do I need to locate an entire axle
> assembly? If so, what other model trailer axles interchange?

Rej,

I have a customer that is partners in a business in South Carolina
called Axle Surgeons. They specialize in tube axle spindle
replacement. They chop the old spindle off, machine the axle to accept
a replacement spindle stub, press the stub in, weld, and machine...all
while still on the piece of equipment. I'm not really sure that can do
the same with solid spindles. However, I know that many of the tools
that they use are patented designs so I'm sure that type of work is
availible elsewhere. Maybe get out your yellow pages and call some
chassis shops, they might be able to point you in the right direction.

Kent