Re: [MV] Celebrate Freedom, but not here

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 08:22:50 PDT

> We're known for that and for burning couches in the streets
> and throwing rocks and bottles at cops when they try to shut down a kegger,
> but we're not known for turning out in support of people in uniform who
> fought and died to provide those very freedoms they so often abuse to the
> point of piggish indulgence. Ironic isn't it?

We're 40 minutes N/E of San Francisco. We have some of the things you
mentioned, however there are a great many people who turn out for 4th of
July parades, where they always go crazy over MV's or old military
uniforms. Granted you'll need to actually purchase an air conditioner if
you moved here, but you'd be away from the worst parts of Bezerkley. <g>

Paul