Re: [MV] FYI...Dogs not allowed at Hallsville Ohio MVSHOW!

From: J. Lee (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 12:40:51 PDT

First if you are complaining to get this fixed, you are wasting your breath.
Because anyone who would bring a dog (I'm talking Sheppard's, Pitbulls,
Dobbies, Rots and such) to such a public event will never understand your
complaint. Oh sure, they notice other dogs running loose or going berserk
over every little kid who happens to walk by their site. But, somehow they
never notice their own dog/s doing the same thing.

Cripes, last year when I was at a big MV event I just about pee'd my pants
when this guy's huge Rotweiler made a run at me while I walking by just
minding my own business and admiring MV stuff.
It was nice day, I was lost in my own MV thoughts and suddenly this beast
from Hell went for me and pulled up just short thanks to a chain. Thank God
I was on a path and not taking a short cut like we all do at times! Ever
visit a camp site and before you can back out, you got this German Sheppard
with his nose in your crotch or up your butt and you don't dare move for
fear of losing something important. Usually you got the owner kissing this
off saying, oh he's just being friendly. Yeah and the dog's back hair is
standing straight up and a low growl is coming from deep inside the animal.
Yeah, sure... real friendly, would hate to see him when he is mad! This and
the other things you have previously mentioned make these events a little
more stressful than necessary.

Thats my unpopular 2 cents worth ...

Jack