CUCV M1009 Rear Window Handle Crank Spins Free...HELP!

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 16:43:13 PDT

Hi List...

A friend (that I talked into getting a CUCV) is having trouble with
his rear window on a CUCV M1009 Blazer.

He rolled the window down today, and now it won't roll back up...the
crank handle just spins as if the handle is locked.

He has tried the key lock in both the "locked" and engaged positions
and it is the same either way...it spins free.

He has removed the inside panel, but the glass is of course in the way
so he cannot get at the inside of the handle.

Any ideas? I'm sure at least one of you M1009 guys has had this
problem before!

Thanks in advance!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter (378 CID) Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 CID Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net