Re: [MV] FYI...Dogs not allowed at Hallsville Ohio MVSHOW!

From: Steve & Jeanne Keith (cckw@attbi.com)
Date: Fri Aug 23 2002 - 12:50:02 PDT

Let's see:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Ball" <vought@msn.com>
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2002 3:32 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] FYI...Dogs not allowed at Hallsville Ohio MVSHOW!

> Hi all
> I just happen to be the owner of two very well mannered Pit bulls, Zak is
> pure bred red nose and Brandy is a half boxer half pit bull.
> My dogs live happily in there nice size yard never bothering anyone not
dumb
> enough to jump "there fence".

And you are sure that they cannot get out on their own? Ever?

> I would never take my dogs to a public event not because they would be
> bothersome to myself and others but because why would I want to subject
them
> to people like Jack who sounds like a living Jerry Lewis movie with Dogs
in
> it.

This is Jack's fault that he went to a 'people' event.... It is Jack's
'fault' that he does not
subscribe to 'the love me love my dog' extreme position with an obviously
agressive dog
at a public event? He is characterized as 'Jerry lewis' because this dog was
agressive?

> Dogs are very smart animals they know when things are not right with a
> person such as extreme fear and if you shit and piss your self frequently
it
> draws special attention and they will stick there nose in your ass to
check
> it out after all they are animals and as such this kind of activity is
> interesting to them.

So that makes it OK to subject him to that kind of activity? NOT ACCEPTABLE!

NH RSA 466:28 "Any person may kill a dog that suddenly assaults the person
while such person is peacably walking or riding..."

> If you think about it humans have the same instinctive ability if someone
> walks up to you staring at there shoes fidgeting and acting very nervous
it
> puts you on edge makes you look around and see what's got this person so
> nervous and you treat them differently.

Maybe it is just the way that person is all the time. You don't know

> When a dog senses fear or nervousness they do one of two things its called
> fight or flight most dogs will stay away from people that are acting
strange
> but some will want to warn that person a little first before leaving most
of
> the time with a bite or two and occasionally a dog will feel that his
> territory or fellow pack member (owner) has been violated and will try and
> remove the invader by more extreme measures.

And that is OK? Remember you leave yours at home. What about others who
don't?

> This is exactly why I leave my dogs at home they are way to smart for me
> take a chance that some idiot will show up and piss himself and Zak will
> feel the need to protect me as am part of his pack from someone obviously
> acting strangely.

Because someone is afraid of your pit bull, it is OK that he is now at risk
to your
or someone elses dog. Most would call it a healthy caution to be that way
with a
strange animal.

> There are no bad dogs just bad owners and I do not put up with bad
behavior
> from my pets they are well mannered and behaved.

Agree

> Jack get a cat and a box of depends and stay out of places were you
become
> part of the food chain because fear will get you dead.

Does that include HMV rallies? Why should Jack have to get 'Depends' to go
to an HMV show?

> Also never run from
> any animal they will chase you and when they catch you they won't just
shake
> your hand and say nice race. Also try to stay alert at most events there
are
> moving vehicles and you would not want to get lost in 10 tons of halftrack
> it will not stop at the end of its chain.
>
> Dave
>
> Why should we trust the government with automatic weapons?

Agreed
Steve

Ever