Re: [MV] trucking it from Alaska

From: J. Lee (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sun Aug 25 2002 - 08:52:44 PDT

First, good answers to my question on washing engine compartments. Thanks to
all who responded. The electronics was my guess too as I've never seen a
"clean" nicely painted up engine area yet on a deuce or M1009 and I know how
the Army DO like to clean things!

Speaking of deuces I'm sure you all have notice those GL surplused deuces up
in Alaska from time to time. They always look well preserved, don't they?
Obviously, the problem is bringing one home, assuming you are not a local.
As good as they "look" one might think you could just hop in, fire it up and
drive away home, but then that is a big leap of faith on a journey of
thousands of miles. Having it shipped, even at the low end of $1.25 a mile
adds up real quick, but it would be the surest and safest.

Anyone have any experience here, bringing a deuce back from Alaska?

Curious how it went and what it cost you? I'm really tempted to do it and
my first choice would be to drive it back just for the fun of it. Would
take me about 4 days, but what a great trip, if I could make it without
breaking down! lol

Jack