Re: [MV] 'Electric armour' vaporizes anti-tank grenades and shell s

From: Dave Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Sun Aug 25 2002 - 20:36:12 PDT

Something is wrong with this story. I understand how capacitors work, but a shaped charge that is powerful enough to penetrate 1' of steel is going to blow
right through thin armor, and destroy the capacitor, and do some serious damage to the lightly armored hull.. There has to be more to this than what was
described, if it does work. Perhaps this is the "public" explanation regarding what is going on.

Dave