Re: [MV] 'Electric armour' vaporizes anti-tank grenades and shells

From: J. Forster (jfor@quik.com)
Date: Sun Aug 25 2002 - 22:23:09 PDT

>From what I remember from earlier messages, the electric armor was primarily to
defend against man launched attacks, such as might be carried out by the
Taliban.

Also, it may not be necessary to vaporize the whole round, but only to blunt the
tip of the explosive 'lance' or destroy it's symmetry, reducing the peak
stresses and causing the rest of the incoming charge to just go splat. As to
whether a metallic content is necessary, plasmas can carry current almost as
well as metals, so the device might be effective against rounds with little or
no metal content.

Any opinions?

-John