Re: [MV] 'Electric armour' vaporizes anti-tank grenades and shells

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 09:43:18 PDT

At 12:16 PM -0400 8/26/02, Muttguru@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 26/08/02 15:18:11 GMT Daylight Time, rmgill@mindspring.com
>writes:
>
>Well, I believe everything that the experts tell us.

Well, I wouldn't go painting with such a broad brush. Afterall,
you've got a vehicle that everyone knows rolls over at the drop of a
hat.

The magnetic exposure issue was debated ad-infinitum due to CRT
exposure. For a while people were amazingly paranoid about high
frequency exposure to the EM field of Computer Monitors and CRTs. So
the Euros started coming out with all sorts of shielding standards
and such. The general rule of thumb was don't aim the back of it at
your crotch.

By the same token, cops shouldn't lay the radar gun in their lap.

>After all, didn''t our British veterinary experts tell us (for years) that
>BSE was not transmissible to humans?

This was due to the stupid practice of mixing infected meat in with
the cattle feed. Something that US farms don't do. Additionally the
extremely long incubation period makes it harder to detect. I
remember hearing about BSE years ago from my mother. We were
discussing various pathogens. This was long before the BSE issue. At
that time the only way to get this disease was by eating the brains
of an infected cow.

>And that DU (depleted uranium) shells caused no after-effects? (tell that to
>the gulf-war-syndrome sufferers).
>One thing that can be guaranteed about experts.... they disappear like smoke
>once their assurances no longer hold up. (:

The DU issue I've heard more than a few versions of. One interesting
point someone made on sci.military.moderated a year or two ago was
that the Italian troops that were all suddenly suffering from
increases in cancer were symptomatic with a pretty particular form of
cancer. Specifically one that was related to benzine exposure. What
did those troops use to clean their weapons? We'll gasoline. Whats in
some gasoline, but not always? Benzine.

Gulf War syndrome is likely multiple ailments that are caused by
multiple types of exposures to multiple chemicals and isotopes. DU
exposure should, from my understanding, cause lung cancer from the
beta particle irradiating the lungs. Beta particles are pretty low
energy, but if you inhale the DU dust, there you go.

Rule of thumb, don't play around burned out tanks. Don't eat cow
brains. When someone changes things, it may change the rules.

--
Ryan Gill              rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |                   |         -==----
   |s|\        /|s|   |s|/BSV 575\|s|   |x|-\|     |/-|x|
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)