M274 mule (possibly w/ terra tires) into M101A2 trailer?

From: Neil E. Amrhein (neil@compu-powr.com)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 09:49:18 PDT

List,
    Does anyone know if a mule will fit into an M101A2 trailer (I think it
is an A2, it has surge brakes)? I am thinking of getting a trailer, but I
want to be able to haul my M274A1 around in it. According to the TM, the
length of the A2 & A3 cargo body is 100 inches, which, even as an outside
measurement, is probably just enough to hold a mule with the tailgate not
quite fully closed. The width is listed as 73.5 inches. Again, even if this
is outside, the mule should fit.

    Has anyone tried/done this?

    Also, I am thinking of getting the terra-tires and flares and was
wondering how wide that will make the mule? Will it still fit in an M101A2?
I am sure I will have to ride up over the wheel wells of the trailer, but
that's not a problem.

    Thanks,
        --Neil