Re: [MV] Mapquest directions to HMV events

From: Neil E. Amrhein (neil@compu-powr.com)
Date: Tue Aug 27 2002 - 08:52:45 PDT

List,
    Just as an alternate mapping suggestion, I have always had good luck
with www.mapsonus.com. I think they like people to subscribe, but I never
have and have not had any problems. You can plan a route or get a map. Route
planning can be modified by specifying the type of route (shortest distance,
fastest, favor major highways, avoid major highways). I believe these are on
an "advanced" page. They give you detailed turn by turn instructions and you
can get small maps of every turn. I find it pretty useful.

    As for MV content: I saw 2, 5-ton FMTV's yesterday, each with about 10
fully decked out & armed troops in the back. I'm sure they were coming from
an exercise or something. I wonder when the first of those will hit the
surplus market?

    --Neil