Oklahoma tag trouble

From: Gundocmike (gundocmike@okplus.com)
Date: Tue Aug 27 2002 - 12:15:09 PDT

Howdy list,
Just a quick note that I finally finished restoring my M151A2 and I went to the Okla Tag Agent and
they refused to give me a tag and title. I have an Alabama registration which is valid, but Okla
won't accept it because Alabama doesn't give titles to vehicles older than 25 years. The Okla tag
agent said if I didn't have a title from Alabama I couldn't get one from Okla. They then said they
could just do a visual VIN check, so we went outside and I showed them the dataplate. They said it
wasn't valid because it was too new looking. They then said that I would have to crawl under the
vehicle and find the VIN stamped on the frame (It was also raining), I told them if they wanted to
look under the vehicle to dive in the mud and have at it. Needless to say I didn't get a title and
tag. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Muddy in Okla
Mike