FS-Very Unusual Military Ambulance

From: Carol Kenyon (Da-Kenyons@webtv.net)
Date: Tue Aug 27 2002 - 17:56:07 PDT

If you've followed my saga, you know about
this vehicle. It's a 1939 Ford US Army Ambulance. You won't find this
one in your reference books, it's not there!
  Chevy / GMC or Dodge usually bid lower on Gov't contracts back then so
most surviving Army Ambulances are these makes.
  I have four years of tough research in on this one. I can't direct
you to another '39 or ANY
surviving 30's -40's Ford Army Ambulances, I don't know of a single one.
  If you've been waiting for just the right restoration project, this is
it! I guarantee you'll
never "see yourself" at a meet or MVPA event.
  Currently a Todd Shipyards conversion. Unless the fellows at Todd
Seattle buy it, it'll
need to have the conversion dismantled...
  Again, EXTREMELY rare and unusual.
I just put it in Hemmings Motor News for $12, 500. I'll reduce the
price for this list.
  Located Central California. Lots of CA military
history in it..
  Don