Re: GunDocMike

From: Mtnbikinssgt@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 27 2002 - 22:36:59 PDT

Mike;

As your delima continues with the DMV, mine was a like story. Ca DMV wouldnt
touch it, M151A2. Couldnt even tell them that Ford made them, "Oh really, I
thought it was a Jeep". So off to the CHP, and 3 Hours and 2 trips with ALL
my manuals in tow (should of used a 416 for that) and he still wasnt going to
accept that Ford made the Mutt. Even all the web sites, historical sites,
data, and manuals that I have made a difference, "No I thought that Jeep made
these". So to make a Long story short I own a Special Construction Vehicle
2002, first year produced 1969, Jeep type vehicle. But I got plates and a
title. CHP said if I wanted to make it a Ford I would have to have a Ford
representative personally stamp something on the frame and a paper saying
who, what, where and all that. So get the "Blue sticker" from CHP and call
it quites. He even wanted to take my data plate from me, saying it wasnt
original either, looked too new also.

Cliff
Tan USMC M151A2