To: WES G., re., the Antenna Mount

From: aussierob (aussierob@odyssey.net)
Date: Wed Aug 28 2002 - 04:21:45 PDT

WES hello, & thanks for your interest:

I do not have an antenna mount as yet. However, in my case, I have the
ability to make the mount at home .. which is good ...time consuming
though. But perhaps, your metal guy can whip up a few extra ones at a very
reasonable price too ?

As with many of us rebuilders, I am often cash poor and time rich.

I just recently came up with an engine an replaced a dead engine in a Jeep
Buddy's Cj2A. Also, changed the ring gear on the flywheel one quarter of a
turn so we were into the non used section of the teeth. ( they always stop
and therefore wear, in either of two places on a four cylinder) This
particular person came onto this list and had an enormous prices for an
engine and change out. Luckily he was close enough to trailer the jeep to my
place, and saved an absolute huge bundle.

However, now, back to the mount, there was (I think) a couple of styles of
antenna mount ...H'mmnn or was it a couple of styles of spare wheel mount
???

Definitely, let me know what price your friend might charge for a mount.
Last year, Another accomplice in this hobby, machined the hand crank for
starting the engines He made ten of the end pieces on a Mill. Then, welded
them onto the crank part. they looked fabulaous. However, her decided to
bend the crank ends himself, instead of waiting for me to come over and
help.

Bummer, he made the "right angles" far too tight. So, they would've -
could've looked perfect. Oh well ! Now I have a pile of crank handles that
aren't quite perfect.

Well Wes, I'm off to work until luchtime. Then, the wife and I are off to
the NY State Fair in Syracuse. Wish me well on this journey