Re; M151 title trouble in OK

From: John Cook (otterc@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Aug 28 2002 - 04:46:27 PDT

Re; Trouble getting M151 title in OK

Hi Mike,
  I had the same trouble with the revenue office here in Fayetteville AR,
with getting title for my 63' M718, I went online and found the email
address for the head of the title and registration office for the State ,
emailed him and explained the problem. He got right back to me ,told me I
had every right to get a title with the AL paperwork I had and that He would
inform my local office that they had better learn the Regulations better.
The AL registration is the title on older vehicles and should be
transferable in any state.I got the same song and dance from the girl behind
the counter on my second trip to the DMV , was armed with the Word of the
"MAN" and politely told her to take my paper work down the hall to her boss
who had just gotten a call from the big boss telling her to educate her
workers about antique vehicles and to provide me with the title I had every
right too,she troted off and came back in a few minutes with a " oh ..., I
didn't know we could do that" and gave me my tag and registration.
  Low level beaucrats and DMV office workers often don't really know the
rules and when confronted with something out of the ordinary aways tell you
you can't do it, can't have it, some times they just seem to enjoy the small
amount of power they have to refuse you a title.
  Go To the main Boss!!!!! Explain the problem , if he (or she) is anything
like the fine public servant I delt with in Little Rock, he will know that
he is there to serve the public not rule over them and help you out with the
ignorant local office........
   Good luck & Happy Mutting,
  otter,
  aka. John Cook