REPLY RE MY, APOLOGY

From: aussierob (aussierob@odyssey.net)
Date: Wed Aug 28 2002 - 11:11:55 PDT

Hello TM:
There are times when I'm right
and when I'm right on the fence
and then, times when I'm wrong

The rules of the group say No Off topic, no flaming !

I find it's pretty hard to stick with just a topic when we all, as humans,
suddenly get another thought that might lead in a different but parallel
direction. At this point, we are now Off Topic ...correct ?

For instance, when someone has a Mil-Veh engine problem and you start to
add some advice that was similar to a listers mil-veh engine problem
...however, it was an Dodge 2.2L non military engine.

At this point, you're on target with subject... but off topic because it's
not a Military engine.
However, the main point is to help your fellow MV lister solve his problem,
by learning from others vast experience ...right ???

Yesterday, I responded to a neat posting that was Off Topic, but an
excellent piece on the Stinking Virus's... that, all too often wreck our
computer's hard drive information.

That particular writer was definitely helping any number of us MV listers,
to possibly / hopefully, save us from the demons of misinformation that
circles around the internet re- the Stinking Virus Problems.
This to me, was very good excellent infomation !

However, It was not MV content !
But it was, for us the Listers to learn from and possibly stay up and
running so that we could be online to continually enjoy this and other
lists.

That writer was expecting some off topic flaming... as shown by his "flame
away" sign off .

TM, I was "wrong" in calling any subsequent, Off Topic flamers, stupid
bastards.
I should have been totally more tactful or at best, said nothing at all.

...and therfore I have already apologized this morning on this MV list, for
breaking the MV list rules and calling other fellow listers names.

TM... Thanks for your post re "don't back down - stick to my guns" ...but
at the end of the day, I was, I was out of line.

Aint these lists a great place to be !

Best Regards and happy MVing
Rob Pearson
aka