Re: [MV] Mapquest directions to HMV events

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 28 2002 - 10:04:11 PDT

Here is my take on the mapping systems. I travel with a laptop (courtesy of
my employer). I have purchased several CDROM map programs from Rand McNalley,
Delorme, and Microsoft. Of all of them, I like the microsoft one best. They
are compatible with a GPS and it racks your position on the map. Rand
McNalleys even has a navagator screen which provides altitiude, time, speed,
lat & long and a host of other things. The microsoft has a system which you
enter your departing and destination locations and it provides detailed
mapping. Options include fastest, shortest or preffered routes. You can
also enter stops. mpg of vehicle, gas prices and frequency and duration of
stops. It calculates your time, costs and points out overnight stop
locations per your schedule. If you have a laptop, travel with this one.
Still haven't tried it in the wifes palm pilot yet!

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee, FL U.S.A.
AM General M-35A2
Fruehauf M105A1