Re: [MV] m1009 head light fuse blowing

From: Jim & Pat Winne (jwinne@nettally.com)
Date: Wed Aug 28 2002 - 16:51:09 PDT

Hi Larry,

Do the fuses melt at the base (all of the solder runs out)? If the wires
get kind of warm there may be corrosion in the strands of copper that make
up the wire. I had a Datsun pickup that had this problem and it drove me
nuts until I figured it out and changed the section of wire out. The
corrosion acts like a resistor and drops the voltage turning the rest into
heat. Best of luck with your problem and let us know what it turns out to be.

Jim (KB4IVH)
MVPA #17216