Re: [MV] 90 Weight Oil Caution (MUTTS and Others!) and ShowAnnouncement

From: Dave Ball (vought@msn.com)
Date: Fri Aug 30 2002 - 02:57:22 PDT

Sorry but many sites say use GL-1 in gear boxes with yellow metal here is
the Pennzoil affirmation you need adobe acrobat to open the site document..
Just the facts Man sorry I also read this in P.S.
http://www.pennzoil.com/penn/products/car_truck/pdfs/gearoil/409MineralGearL
ubricant.pdf

409 MINERAL GEAR LUBRICANT

Non-EP Gear Lube For Manual Transmissions

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

PENNZOILŪ 409 MINERAL GEAR LUBRICANT is a non-EP, straight mineral oil
manufactured from high quality,

high viscosity index paraffinic base stocks. These base oils offer inherent
oxidation stability for long service life, and

their high viscosity indices aid in maintaining optimum thickness and fluid
film strength as temperature increases.

PENNZOILŪ 409 MINERAL GEAR LUBRICANT contains no active extreme pressure
additives, and therefore will not

contribute to corrosion, etching, or wear of yellow metals, such as brass or
bronze. It is inhibited against foaming and

prevents rust from forming on metal parts. This lubricant meets API
designation GL-1.

Even though it is classified as an SAE grade 80W-90 multi-viscosity gear
oil, PENNZOILŪ 409 MINERAL GEAR

LUBRICANT contains no unstable polymers to artificially boost its viscosity.
This means that the lubricant will retain its

"body" and will not shear down during use, maintaining a strong, stable,
protective film, even under heavy loads and

high speeds. The low temperature flowability of an SAE 80W fluid provides
for smoother shifting in cooler weather and

better protection during lower temperature start-ups.

Dave Ball

vought@msn.com